eero Labs features and feedback thread
Welcome to the eero Labs features and feedback thread!
Here is your place to share your experiences with new eero Labs feature releases, as well as let us know the types of future concepts you'd like to see here. We encourage you to share your feedback and interact with others, as well as have an opportunity to interact directly with our developers.
While this section will be more focused on connectivity related features, you can also submit general feature requests here.
For more on eero Labs, visit the eero help center.
So, as with many others i have seen with printer related issues, i found that turning off wpa3 and band steering lets me connect to my HP Envy 5300. Without doing this the printer will not connect to any device in my house. ie, windows laptops, iphones, desktop.
Im fully up to date with all software and firmware. Is this my only option? Its just i get my daughter coming to me at random times of day and NIGHT to turn them off so she can print a Harry Styles picture 🤨
Hi. Desperately need eero to improve roaming/faster switching between devices in for iOS and macOS devices. It’s a matter of reflecting the roaming protocols in apples guide https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202628
Optimize for Conferencing and Gaming:
Contacted support about this and they reply that it is not supported yet with Eero pro 6 😑
The band steering seemed to directly prevent me from connecting my Roku tv and Kindle. Once I disabled band steering, both connected no problem.
Good afternoon - I noticed that when the enhanced WPA3 security is enabled my sons iPad was not able to join. When I researched the issue I found a thread from someone else on an Apple chat board that had the same issue with an older iPhone. I turned off the added WPA3 security in the eero beta and it was able to connect without issue.
the issue seems to be with older Apple devices that have not been upgraded recently. My personal phones and iPad connect with the WPA3 enhancements enabled.
hope this helps
Hi eero Team,
simple Feature request I just want to shut down the ssid (wifi signal) completely at night maby with the profiles... But I just want an automated workflow and less emissions. ;) Would be really great and important to us... Greeting
Mostly just makes my connection slow! I got 1GIG fastest available but I can’t even finish a zoom interview
Hello Eero Labs:
Great stuff so far. Few competitive suggestions:
1. Better network diagnostic tools - as a user it is hard to distinguish what caused an internet connection to be faulty this not just for a simple on/off connection but more specifically for streaming (zoom calls, or gaming). It could be the ISP, the actual eero hardware connections, the wifi signal, and also peripherals in between such as caldigit TS3 plus network interface. Or the computer itself. So many fault lines and no easy means to tell which one while on a call.
2. Device bandwidth breakdown - be able to tell which devices used the most communications and over time would be great. This would help determine if a device is sucking up bandwidth or cluttering the network with excessive pings, making the routers unable to process other calls on the network.
3. ability to VPN specific device out to other locations. This is specific to gaming, and helps make a PlayStation/XBox look like they are in a foreign country.
4. WPA3 whitelist - the molecule devices on my network are not able to handle WPA3 just yet so having the ability to ignore certain devices would be great.
5. Routing resolution - be able to show what devices are communicating with (ex iPhone 12 connected to Instagram, google, ... )
thank you for your help with this.
My printer stopped working when I turned on advanced features. I’m trying to find out which feature, but I can’t sustain reboots right now... any ideas? Thanks
I activated WPA3, now our old Ipad 4th generation (2013) no longer connects to the WIFI, although eero recognizes it as WPA2
When I look at the discover tab, the eero labs option contains 4 items, one of which is "optimize for gaming and video conferencing", but when I click on eero labs, inside, there are only 3 option and the optimize one (which I presume.is the closest I can get to QoS) I not present; there are only 3 options there.
Any idea why that is?
I'm running the latest version of eero: 6.1.2-20 on two eero 6 pro devices
WPA3 features do not play well in conjunction with myQ devices. myQ devices won’t connect or work when this feature is turned on. I tried with band steering and 5 ghz features on and off- it is there WPA3 feature that acts as a block.
Good afternoon. I am writing this post while I am sitting no too far from one of my 3 eero6 extenders in the first floor of my house, called office. The problem that I am having, is that the system prefers to connect to the main router that is on the second floor (guest room), instead of connecting to the mesh in the first floor, very close from me. I enabled the beta option to steer signal (band steering) , but no luck with that as well. My phone wifi icon has two out of three bars. My Vizio TV in my third floor, is connecting to my extender on the first floor called office.
- 6 days agoLast active