eero Labs features and feedback thread

Welcome to the eero Labs features and feedback thread!

Here is your place to share your experiences with new eero Labs feature releases, as well as let us know the types of future concepts you'd like to see here. We encourage you to share your feedback and interact with others, as well as have an opportunity to interact directly with our developers.

While this section will be more focused on connectivity related features, you can also submit general feature requests here.

For more on eero Labs, visit the eero help center.

1097 replies

• BobAce
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, 

I had a trouble configuring guest network in bridge mode. Eero techs said guest network behind bridged config but actually works if you enter DNS servers manually it works with 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

• Ripxfit
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Great speed here in my room at 5g connection,  with all the wifi bars but almost always so much jitter. Why is that? 

• DCV
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When will the beta feautures become alpha and when can we expect an update of new to test features? Thx

• Clinically_Speaking
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

daniel. vasiliadis Alpha come before beta. Beta is pre-release.

• DCV
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Clinically Speaking Sorry, for the misunderstanding. Could someone competent answer please. When can we aspect the features of the lab be implemented? Thx

• Rmfume
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

With Band Steering activated my desktop could not stay connected to network. 

• Rmfume
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The WPA3 feature prevented my HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer from reconnecting to network after going offline. 

• Rmfume
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don’t think any of the enhanced features work well enough for the plethora of network configurations supported by EERO. 

• pad
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Running local DNS caching on the eero is slower than the Virgin Public DNS IPs by a long way. Are you aware that enabling local DNS caching somehow is a LOT slower than a public resolver ?

• Togacuse
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The latest updates have seriously messed with this. I had to turn it off as it was slowing down my data rates from 235mb to less than a 100mb.

• Sr. Eero wireless engineer
      • Sdworman
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Togacuse I have no issues after updates at 2 different houses.

Reboot your isp router/modem.  Reboot your eero gateway once your isp is back online.

• Togacuse
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Sdworman I did and I still had problems until I turned it off. I may try again though everything is at full speed with DNS caching off.

• adisrini
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

WPA 3 kicked off the HP Laserprint M 

234dwe. Disabling WPA3 allowed it back. Posting as feedback for your Engineers.

eeroOS 6.2.0

• Santos
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

With the wos3 feature on Microsoft Xbox one will not connect or recognize the network protocol. If you turn the feature off the xbox connects as expected.

• Adams.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the same problem. With wpa3 on, i cannot connect anything to my hp printer. Its a right pain in the A$$, because after the printing is done, i switch wpa3 back on and most of my smart items (plugs, bulbs, auto curtains, ring doorbell, cctv, etc) will not automatically reconnect and can sometimes take a couple of hours to connect back up. I really dont want to spend time resetting everything. For now, im leaving it off. 
    Also, very strangely, my sons new Xbox Series X will ONLY connect to the ‘guest’ account. Which we cannot work out why. Its no big deal though. This eero setup blows my VM router out the water and was worth every penny.

• Amichalove
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Kora (eero Support) do you have any update on HP and WPA3 connectivity issues? Seems like this would be a huge deal, considering how large The overlap is in HP and Eero customer base. 

• Guillermo
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, good morning. I'm trying WPA3, but it's it's taking off line my smart plugs Tuya Smart Inc. It's there anything that I could do?

• Rmfume
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Guillermo I was advised by EERO support to disable that feature. HP uses WPA2.

• adisrini
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

But isn’t this supposed to be backwards compatible?

• Sdworman
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

adisrini this is beta for eero.  In order for HP printers to connect to wifi,, wpa3 needs to be off.  I also tested this.

• Motzkusdelt
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had all three beta modes turned on but I found that my printer would not even connect to the network so I turned off the beta and it was fine.

Also I have two baby cameras called Lollipops. They would connect to the network but they would only be in cloud mode. This is when you try to log in on your phone and it acts that the camera was on a different network. The cameras and my phone were on the same network though. I turned off the beta modes and everything was fine after that. 

so please don’t make these beta modes standard anytime soon. 

• Sdworman
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Motzkusdelt purpose of beta is to test them.  Your feedback helps.

HP printers do not support WPA3 and will not connect to WPA2 even if WPA3 is enabled.

Both encryption should work, but they do not with eero.  Eero is aware of this because we provided this feedback.

I also know DNS caching seems to slow people down.  This is also noted.

For now, don't use these beta features if it causes your devices not to work or not work correctly.

Hth

• Prslover
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I activated DNS Caching and it seems to cause issues.  Occasionally, I get an error message about not finding a site.  So far, if I refresh my browser it works.

• Rmfume
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just installed my EERO mesh network this week. It's working very well, overall, but I'm surprised that EVERY beta feature I tried failed; it has given me pause and concern, but I'm going to stick with EERO because it's production platform is working well.

• pad
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Leave all beta off and it’s fab 👍

Content aside

• 56 Likes
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 1097Replies
  • 47891Views
  • 498 Following