eero Pro 6 has slow hardwired speeds with gigabit internet
I am getting slow download speeds on both wired and wifi connections with my new eero 6 Pro setup. On wired ethernet I can get about 400mbps, on wifi about 200mbps. I have gigabit internet with Xfinity BTW. The Internet connection from my router on the eero app shows it delivering 960mbps down. Upload is fine at about 30mbps. Honestly I was expecting a bit more from this product. I see this is a problem in several other discussions but not seeing any suggested fixes, and all kinds of conflicting opinions about what I should expect. If this was normal then why are some users reporting no issues with wired connection while others are having issues?
Hello rtkramer ,
The eero 6 Pro can push up to 1 gig speeds over WiFi. But this requires optimal setup with minimal interference. Make sure that if you are running multiple eeros that they are at least 35-45ft away from each other. Also review the placement article below to make sure that your eeros are placed optimally.
After we verify that the eeros are placed correctly and placement is not the cause we can start further testing. Can you please answer the questions below?
1) Have you tested the speeds with a device connected to the modem?
2) Do you know if your eero is in a double NAT? If so, it is possible that the upstream router is limiting the speeds you are able to pull through the eero. You can try and put the eero into the upstream routers DMZ or see if you can bridge the upstream router.
3) Are you using the ethernet that came with the eero?
I've been playing around with my triple Eero Pro 6 setup. All my Eero nodes are connected by ethernet. The first thing I noticed is the speed with wired as well as wireless devices was well below my max speed (300mbps). While testing both wired and wireless was struggling at 80mbps. I removed all my Eero's and tested 300mbps so there's definitely something going on with the Eero's.
Besides the drop in speed I also had problems with wired hubs (Philips Hue and Ikea Tradfrir) disappearing and becoming not accessible. After a reset my Ikea accessory are accessible for a limited time. After a while it just becomes non responsive. I also noticed there's a slight delay when opening sites.
Eventually I removed the ethernet cables from all my Eero nodes except the gateway. All my wireless devices are getting a speed of 300mbps (which is the max) and none of my other hubs disappears. In fact, the delay also vanished and are very responsive.
The wired devices however are still getting approx. 25% of my max. speed.
I removed the ethernet cables from my non-gateway Eero and speed went up. The response time of the wireless devices also became faster.