In the last few weeks I have had a lot of problems with my eeros:
1. Some devices (I've noticed this only for macs though a colleague who also has eeros has reported this same problem with a windows desktop) just cannot connect. Obvious things, such as disabling and reenabling wifi doesn't help. The diagnostic scan under "Help" shows nothing; basically as far as the eero app is concerned all is good. The only way I've found to fix this is to restart the eeros (have had to do this a couple of times and my colleague independently did the same thing to fix his problem). I called up eero support during one of these episodes and they were unable to debug it after 30 minutes on the phone so I just gave up then and rebooted the eeros.
2. Several devices exhibit a "drop" in connectivity...e.g., I'm streaming a video and the streaming just stops for several seconds for rebuffering. Both the individual eeros and the devices involve have "green" (i.e., good) connectivity.
Any help in debugging these problems would be much appreciated.
Hi diwan —
Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear the issues you've been experiencing.
If you haven't yet, please contact eero support so our tech support team can take a look. If you haven't contacted us in the past, you're in for a treat 😃 We have an incredible team who are ready to help, and will work with you to resolve any issue you may be experiencing.
Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We'll be happy to start taking a look and getting you back on track with having the best WiFi experience.
Thanks a lot for the response. I have actually called eero support about it and they were unable to root cause the problem.
It would be great if on the app I could see:
1. Logs from the different eeros where perhaps I would be able to see if one of my devices was failing to connect and any errors that the eero was generating on the failure.
2. Logs or graphs that show base eero connectivity over time. I often wonder if the buffering of video issue is a comcast issue or an eero issue. But because most streaming services do buffering on the client, a fleeting comcast issue may be gone by the time I see an issue on my client.
3. Time series that show the connectivity of my devices to eeros over time and the connectivity of the eeros to the base station over time.
Any tips for debugging my particular issues would of course be much appreciated.
Thanks for that feedback, diwan — I'll be happy to share it with our product team.
In the meantime, if you'd like, you can always touch base with our support team again. It looks like our last point of contact with you was cut off due to your network rebooting from a setting change. We'd be happy to continue to take a look into this matter with you.