Port forwarding broke after 3.16 update - had to re-create rules to fix

With Eero 3.15.x I had configured two port forwarding rules for my VPN servers. These rules were created on Eero 3.15.x code base. All was working well until I upgraded yesterday to 3.16. The forwarding ceased to work and my VPN clients could not connect to my servers. I did extensive troubleshooting, and what solved the problem was this:

Delete the existing port forwarding rules and re-create them.

After I recreated the rules, inbound traffic was now flowing and all is well.

7 replies

• eero Community Manager
    • Sidney
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello,

I would like to have a member of my Engineering Team take a look at this issue. Please submit a ticket to support@eero.com and put "Port forwarding broke after 3.16 update" in the title so I can find it and escalate it quickly. The Engineering Team has already seen the post and wants to look into the issue.

Please let me know once the ticket has been submitted.

Thanks,

eero Support

• Traveler884
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

submitted.

• eero Community Manager
      • Sidney
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Traveler884 I am unable to find the ticket. Did you get a reply with a ticket number? If so please let me know what it is. If not please confirm you put "Port forwarding broke after 3.16 update" in the title of the ticket as that is what I'm searching on in our ticket system.

• Traveler884
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Whoops I fat fingered the to: address. Just resent and did get an automated reply but no ticket number.

• jt777
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same issue here but took 10 min to fix thanks to this post!!

• bradross
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same issue for me but nothing has fixed it. I have a ticket open but not getting much communication from the team. 

• coleba
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same issue here. Sent extensive information at the request of Eero tech support. Subsequent updates haven’t fixed it. 

Nothing but CRICKETS! 

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 214Views
  • 6 Following