Update 7.0.0-1134 available. Again. And again. And again.

My Pro 6E and Alarm Pro with eero 6 built in recently updated to eero 7.0.0-1134. And then they updated again to the same one again overnight. And after I got the notification this morning, the app offered me the update again so I went for it. And then after it told me it was done, it offered it again. Is today Groundhog Day? Rebooting the network manually changes nothing, nor is there an app update available on my phone. 

4 replies

• Michael_eero_support
    • 6 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi  Currently for Ring Alarm Pros the latest firmware is 6.15.5-4, the discrepancy is likely what is causing the apparent loop in the app. Check each of the eero to see which version they are running. If one is wrong please send us an email to support@eero.com and use the subject line "Community Followup - Ring Alarm Pro firmware issues" so we can check it out.

• cryocide
      • 6 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Yep, you nailed it. The alarm is running v6.16.5-4 and the app is offering to update it, and also advertises the update on the Settings page. I had updated from the Settings page yesterday in the morning when I got the notification that offers the update-now-or-tonight-or-wait option, but apparently the system tried to update again overnight and reported success. I also have a couple of 4th gen Echos on the network but they’re set as a home theater pair so they don’t offer themselves up as eero extensions. I don’t know if that affects software updates in any way. 

Also, holy cow these screenshots look huge. 🙃

• Michael_eero_support
      • 6 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Super, I wouldn't worry about it.  We'll get the Ring Alarm Pro on the same version as everything else as soon as we can.  The Echos won't affect the eero firmware updates.  I don't mind the large screen shots, they are easier to read.

• cryocide
      • 6 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support  Many thanks! I’ll hold off on mashing the update button. 

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 6 mths agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 223Views
  • 2 Following