Could use some advice from other users

Here's my situation. I have Rogers Ignite (I'm a new subscriber). I had some generic wifi pods (supplied by Rogers) to boost the signal throughout the house. But my wife, who works on the lower level, keeps having issues with her video calls being dropped at awkward times. So, I bought an Eero standalone router and disconnected the pods. I hoped this would solve the problem. I set up a new username and password through eero. Now, the eero's app tells me that through my ignite system I have super fast download capabilities of 600mpbs. However, when I run a download speed on fast.com, I'm lucky to get 5 mpbs (this is in the room next to the Eero not downstairs). My Rogers wifi shows 140 mbps, so considerably faster. Am I doing something wrong? All I want is a powerful connection. Help.

1 reply

• cMoo92
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

First thing to do is turn off the WiFi on your Rogers router. It’s likely interfering with the eero signal.

Second, you might need to adjust the placement of your eero gateway unit. You want it about desk height and not around a bunch of metal (like metal shelves, electronic equipment, etc)

Third, you probably need an additional unit like a Beacon downstairs. The way the radios in the eero unit broadcast is out and up. Downwards (under the unit) is not going to be as strong).

Fourth, give it a couple days to dynamically adjust to the environment. The eero network will adjust it’s channels and whatnot automatically based on what other WiFi equipment is broadcasting around it (this is also why it’s important to turn off the WiFi on your Rogers router).

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 163Views
  • 2 Following