Degraded system performance post 6.15.1-410 update

My Eero network updated to 6.15.1-140 overnight and since then, has been crawling.  I did all the obvious troubleshooting to no avail.  Has anyone else experienced severely downgraded performance?

8 replies

• zonker12
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

I am having the exact same experience. This last update has ruined my speed on all wireless devices (my one wired device is mostly working fine, but also slightly slower than normal).

• Piel
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Ya - wired is also affected.  Latency has gotten pretty bad.  10ms wired and as bad as 60ms wireless....and I can't get more than 400 mbps standing right next to the eero Pro 6E with wired backhaul.

• Michael_eero_support
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi zonker12 and Piel We would like to take a look at your networks for a data dive and to see what we can do to speed things up. Can you both send us an email to support@eero.com and use the subject line "Community Followup - v6.15.1-410 performance issues"?

• Piel
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Email sent!

• zonker12
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Yep, done.

• guialexsan
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Same except worse because one Eero Pro 6E when updating drops off the network and knocks every device around it off. And no help from support. After years and a 10 Eeros, might be calling it quits 

• Piel
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

My network went crazy yesterday. 60+ ms latency wired 200+ ms wireless. I had to delete the network and hard reset everything to get it back up. The jitter remains high after the hard reset. 

• Piel
    • 9 mths ago
    • Reported - view

So this might end up being a recommendation for everyone frustrated with their eero system.  I was ready to take my entire kit and burn it given all the problems I was having with it.  So, I decided to do a hard reset and rebuild the network from scratch.

Knock on wood (or touch would if you're from the UK) but it's actually been running great for the last week or so.  I even got for a brief moment 780 mbps download on a wireless connection (MSFT Surface Laptop) - with Speedtest giving a final score of 650 mbps.  I also had one eero 6+ that was destroying my network when plugged in to wired backhaul.  Tech support thought there was a short on the ethernet cable which I couldn't replace because it was in-wall. Nope.  Even that "AP" has been working great via wired backhaul.  

So bottom line, if you're having issues with your eero, maybe a hard reset will fix your issues.  It took me less than 30 minutes to rebuild my network with a total of five eeros. So glad I did it.

Content aside

• 2 Likes
  • 9 mths agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 214Views
  • 4 Following