Basic UI Tweak

I am running an Android device with a 1080p screen and onscreen buttons. I was just typing out some instructions for someone and realized that "Advanced Settings" under "Network Settings" appears below the fold without any indicator on the side or bottom to let you know there is more to see. Not a big issue for me but a brings to light one of the points of Eero is to be super simiple and doing things better. Though I still think it is, there may be some way to indicate this for the people that may have no clue what they are doing but trying to fix something using advice from a person in a different part of the world. It's not a ground breaking suggestion, but something that may help me and your support staff not have to type or say scroll down. 

4 replies

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey  FuzzyG —

Thanks for the feedback! I have passed it along to our team. If they were to do any in-house testing, would you mind letting me know what device you are using? 

• sogtwinster
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have that same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.  Another adjustment for android would be that for tablets, allow horizontal orientation and don't force vertical orientation.  I tend to keep my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 in horizontal orientation and it would be nice if I didn't have to rotate the device to use the app.

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for the feedback sogtwinster and welcome to the eero community!

eero is currently designed to be used primarily with smart phones, which is a reason for why we don't support horizontal orientation. We do greatly appreciate the feedback for this use case, and I have passed it along to our team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you more in the future! 

• FuzzyG
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    This happens with a Sony Xperia Z3. If you want me to test anything devices that I use daily are a Nexus 4, Note 3, Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 2, iPad Mini.

Content aside

• 7 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 969Views
  • 3 Following