Verizon FIOS gigabit

I have a first-generation eero that I was using with WOW cable on a 500/50 plan which worked very well. I have since signed up for Verizon FIOS service and I am unable to get speeds higher than 700 MPS down and 250-300 up using a wired connection to the gateway.

Is there a hardware limitation. Should I run them in bridged mode?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

• cMoo92
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Have you tried hardwiring a computer into the FIOS gateway and running a Speedtest? If you get the same results, then you know it’s a FIOS problem. If you can get faster speeds, then you know it’s probably an eero issue and should reach out to eero support for further troubleshooting.

• neuromaniac
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

I have ran a wired computer directly and get 850-900 down and 700-800 upload therefore I believe it may be a routing limitation on the eero but I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

There are posts about the issue but everyone talks about the wireless speed which of course will not reach gigabit.

Thanks for the reply.cMoo92 

• cMoo92
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

neuromaniac well that’s odd then and certainly seems to be an issue with the eero system. I know this seems unlikely, but if you haven’t tried this yet, you could try using a different Ethernet cable between the FIOS gateway and eero.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 176Views
  • 2 Following