802.11 ax

My newest devices now support 802.11 ax.  I have three questions (1) can any existing Eero hardware support the new standard or will we have to wait for a new generation of hardware? (2) If current hardware can support it does anybody know if there will be a firmware update in the upcoming months? (3) Will the new standard provide tangible advantages to 802.11 ax clients or older clients on the network?

10 replies

• cMoo92
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

WiFi 6 (802.11ax) requires specific hardware, so a firmware upgrade can’t enable it. We’ll have to wait until eero releases new hardware.

• PaperFriend
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Now that I have WiFi 6 devices, I want a WiFi 6 Router. Come on Eero! 

• fvbounty
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the first gen Erro's and want to upgrade, they have been great for the last 3 years, but I just updated my Modem to dosius 3.1 and I would like to get a Wifi 6 router, Eero would be my first choice, any info would be Great!

• PaperFriend
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

fvbounty  Join the club!

• fvbounty
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've been researching other wifi 6 routers out already, I hope Eero at least comes out with some news soon. 

• zubinanary
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rumor has it that their Wifi 6/WPA3 version should arrive by end of the year.  I'm hoping for the fall.  I have a feeling that many of the features we all have been asking for will be included in this new version.  We just have to wait for the fall or winter of 2020.

• fvbounty
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

zubinanary 

Thanks for the info, hopefully a little sooner....

• Aydo
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

zubinanary what features?

• zubinanary
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Aydo Take a look at the "Feature Request" part of the eero Community site, and you'll see hundreds of features that users are asking for.  Some of them are already marked as in development and for a while, so I'm hoping they are taking a long time as they will require their new models that support Wifi 6 and WPA3.

• zubinanary
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Aydo Oops, forgot to put in the URL = https://community.eero.com/category/feature-requests

Content aside

• 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 377Views
  • 7 Following