A year of stability but now I'm really struggling with Eero
I'm pretty much lost for ideas now, maybe someone can help.
My router is a Draytek 2860, and I have 6 Eero Pros (Gen 2) in my house, with the network set to Bridged mode so that my router does the DHCP, which is what I want.
About a month ago I noticed an occasional issue where my laptop wouldn't get an IP address. It would connect to the Eero network but wouldn't get an IP address. I restarted the Eero network, and the laptop etc. and normally the problem would go away for a while.
The last few days, the problem has become huge, affecting many more devices, from Harmony Hubs to iOS to MacBooks. The symptoms seem to be the same - connection to the network but unable to get an IP address.
On my MacBook, when it's in this state, I can go into the network settings and TCP/IP and click on "Renew Lease". This instantly gives me my laptop its correct assigned IP address from the router. However, this only lasts a few seconds, before it seems to lose this IP address. I can click again to get it back, but a few moments later it has gone.
In the same location right now, my other MacBook doesn't have the issue, yet it's right next to it. Yesterday both had the issue, so it's random.
Harmony Hubs switch from red to green to red to green occasionally during the day, indicating the same problem.
My Sonos controllers started disappearing, and I reset all of them, now I can't get any of them to join my Eero network.
I've deleted and recreated my Eero network, doing a factory reset on each one. I've restarted the network countless times. I've restarted my router a few times, both through the admin page, and via a power reset. Powered off/on network switches (I just have unmanaged ones).
Thing is, this was working really well for a year. But now it's completely stopped working.
My house is wired for Ethernet, so the Eeros are connected via a wired connection. So typically in a room I have an ethernet outlet going into an unmanaged switch which then feeds various devices (Apple TVs, desktop PCs for example), and also the Eero for that location. All wired devices are functioning perfectly. None of them lose their IP addresses in this way, they are rock solid. But it seems that all wireless devices that get their IP address via the Eero in bridge mode are now malfunctioning.
I've replaced my gateway Eero with a new one that I hadn't used, it made no difference.
All I can think of is one of the Eero updates might have broken something? Nothing else has changed on my router, I've not touched the firmware for a year.
I'd like to know if this issue was actually officially resolved with a firmware update.
I still have the Eeros and if they're working I'd prefer to use them as they are more aesthetically pleasing than the DrayTek APs I am using.
But I don't want to set everything all up again and then find it's still the same. When I switched from Eero to DrayTek it was a PIA to get all devices working correctly again (Harmony, Sonos, etc etc) even with the same SSID and password. I'm unwilling to go through the same process again without confirmation of a fix.
Could support please read over my original post in this thread and confirm whether a fix was ever made that would address this specific issue that was also corroborated by other people in this thread?
It is March 2022 and I can report that I am experiencing an issue very similar to that originally reported by oviano . Two weeks ago we switched to an eero pro 6 mesh network (GW and 2 nodes) after our community went into ISP contract with Frontier Communications. Shortly after, we started experiencing temporary disconnects on various wireless devices. We have some security cameras going offline for hours at a time; one of them los wifi for almost 2 days. We are also experiencing disconnects on smart plugs, and on most apple devices (Apple TV, tablets, phones, laptops). Prior to eero and Frontier, we had an Arris Surfboard router which was provided by our previous ISP. For wireless connectivity we were using an Apple AirPort Extreme configured in bridge mode.
I’ve been taking note of the problem, but I did not have the opportunity to look into it until yesterday. Following basic troubleshooting steps recommended by eero on their customer help page, I followed their disconnect, restart, soft reset -suggested sequence with no change in outcome. Also did reset of network settings and hard reset on many of the devices; no help. I ended up doing a hard reset on all 3 eero nodes, effectively deleting the network and doing a factory reset on the nodes. After setting up the network again, all problems went away….until this morning.
The first thing I noticed was that my iPhone was not connected to wifi (the eero GW seating 4 feet away). Tried power cycle of the phone and nothing. Going into wifi settings showed that the phone was connected to wi-fi but the device did not have an IPv4 address assigned. Walked up to one of my kids and her phone showed a valid IPv4 address assigned, but also showed that same IP address as the router address.
This was first thing in the morning which is always busy at home, so I had to put this aside for while. About 90 minutes later, the phone was connected to the network. A quick check with a speed test app showed good network performance. I am working from home today, and I have not seen any connectivity issues with my devices, the security cameras or other devices. I’ll have to check devices for other family members when they get home, but I am not feeling very confident right now. The eero pro 6 mesh system has been having this problem since it was installed. As of today, the nodes are running eeroOS v6.9.0-706 (installed last night through automatic download).
The eero app is not offering me many configuration options either (I miss the Arris router in this regard). I’ll turn off IPv6, and see if that has any effect.