More than one DNS primary/backup
Would be nice to have more than one DNS primary/backup setting. Though I use Google's it would be great to have a backup like OpenDNS in the event that Google was not reachable or if it got DDOS like the recent Dyn IoT related problem. I do appreciate that calling into Eero support will allow me to ask to have this added, it would be beneficial for users to be able to do so as well -- and make both visible to the user.
Hi stevebythebay —
Thanks for writing in and welcome to the eero community!
Through the eero application, you can set a primary and secondary DNS. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Open the eero application
- Tap the menu option in the top left corner
- Select Network Settings
- Scroll to Advanced settings and tap DNS
- Tap Custom DNS
- Apply the Google DNS to the Primary
- Apply the OpenDNS DNS to the Secondary
- Tap Save in the upper right corner
Once completed, your eero system will reboot.
I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.Reply