Static IP address assignment to eero satellite nodes?

Hello,

I am wondering about something.  In its default configuration, my eero Pro setup has a static IP address for the router node, obviously, but the satellite nodes seem to have their IP addresses assigned via DHCP.

It *feels* to me that the satellite nodes, like the router, ought to have static IP address assignments.

To that end, I tried and found that it is not possible to configure the satellite nodes to have an IP "reservation" (in eero App speak) since they do not show up as select-able devices when attempting to do this.

But via a manual "reservation" it would be possible for such a static IP address assignment to be performed, using the MAC address of each satellite node...

My question is always "just because I can doesn't mean I should" -- so I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, tried this, or thinks it's not worth another second of thought.

I get that eero is supposed to be user-friendly and to that point doing something like this is a tinkering/tweaking initiative that most users won't care about.

But it just seems as though it might be fewer moving parts for each satellite node to always have their own unchanging IP address, and not have to bother with daily renewal of a DHCP lease.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 reply

• Ninko
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing. Which WiFi mac address did you use, A or B?

Thanks

Content aside

• 3 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 694Views
  • 1 Following