Can I access both 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz bands like other routers?

I am using an amazon fire stick, and they are partial to the 2.4 Ghz band as opposed to the 5Ghz band.
On my old router, (an ARRIS, provided by that cursed company which I shall not name here) allowed SSID to broadcast both as separate channels, and even gave me the option if giving them separate passwords.
I want to be able to switch my amazon fire stick to the 2.4 Ghz band so I can watch Swedish whale blubber rendering contests. ,
Please help.
Thanks you,

Chorg, the mighty Llama of hollywood

2 replies

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
    • cotedan87
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No.  eero broadcasts a single SSID and there are many reasons why eero does it this way. It's been discussed in several other groups here.  

• WhyAmISoFly.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah, well I want to discuss it some more here. Lol.
    There were a ton of conversations about it, I just couldn't get to the heart of it, which was how the eero interacted with my firestick. I have a ton of devices on my network, and wanted to free up some bandwidth to stop freezing and skipping, but I ended up getting an Ethernet adapter, and now I can watch my favorite national geographic specials on  lonely moose, and giant bubbling vats of tasty maple syrup. Or is it bubbling moose and lonely maple syrup? I don't know. You call it. 
    But sincerely, thank for replying. Sometimes getting information in the vast EtherBlogosphere can be difficult.

"Mari usque ad Mare",

Chorg, the mighty Llama of Brentwood. (I've been downgraded)

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 347Views
  • 3 Following