iAqualink constantly disconnects.
I'm hoping you can help. I've had a iAqualink 2.0 for several months now and starting a few weeks ago it will constantly disconnect from the network. I've contacted Aqualink and they sent me to Eero. They say its a known issue and I could probably get help here.
Does anyone know anything about this ? and how to fix it ?
I have noticed that some older 2.4 devices will not see my correct SSID name (Paul's Internet) they see it as Paul4325%#@Internet. It appears they have an issue with the '
Could the two issues be connected ?
Yes, take out the apostrophe and you should be good to go.
Hello Paulo88 ,
cMoo92 has the right of it. It is going to be painful reconnecting all your devices but removing the apostrophe will save you a lot of headaches down the road. Also, if you have any special characters in your password I would suggest removing those as well.
Thanks for the quick response. I will make the change now and probably spend the rest of the day re-connecting everything :/
Another quick question : Is there a way to clear the 'Recently Online' list within the app ?
Thanks for all your advice but I'm still getting frequent signal drops. My SSID / password now has no special characters (other than a SPACE in the SSID).
I even wiped the aqualink settings and re-set everything up. During this process I noticed that when it scans for a networks I see 2 - 3 versions of the same SSID, Seen below.
Could this be the issue ? perhaps the Aqualink is getting confused ?
Which one should I be selecting ? Any ?
I also had trouble connecting it to one of these channels, it took several attempts before it would connect.
I will add though that this is amazing connection otherwise considering this is the other side of my garden ! :)
ah, I see. The answer is Yes, I was always connecting to the eero with the best connection.
So in the screen grab above I would have selected "Pauls Internet Guest" with the strongest signal, in this case the second one listed.
I'll be honest, I feel this is an issue with the Aqualink and not eero. As I have other external devices that connect to eero just fine. (Solar Panels etc)
but I'm trying to rule out things one by one.
Hi, I just spent many hours over the past couple of days dealing with iAqualink and eero connectivity issues. One big thing to note that I have not seen posted anywhere yet... Apple's iOS 15 does not work with iAqualink, so do NOT upgrade under any circumstance. I spoke with Jandy tech support today, and they said Apple is aware of the issue and is supposedly working on a fix (this impacts other apps besides just iAqualink). Basically what will happen is if you go to the Web connect page via the app, and try to change a schedule (like pool lights) it will freeze up the app. If that happens you won't be able to connect to the Web page anymore, and you'll have to go to the Jandy control box and press the Reset button.
For connecting the iAqualink to my eero 6 system, I had to create a guest network (do this in the eero app). Then in the eero app go to Troubleshooting/My device won't connect/My device is 2.4GHz only, and disable the 5GHz temporarily. Then go to the antenna, open it up, move the switch from Wireless to Wired and then back to Wireless, and on your phone or laptop connect to the hotspot created by the antenna. It will then pull up a list of available networks, and select the Guest Network you created.
Once I did all of this I was connected, and so far have not had any problems... other than the iOS 15 bug. So for now I have to use my computer to change any schedules.
Thanks Tim K,
That's all great information as I too recently updated to iOS 15. I did manage to finally get the iAqualink connected and has been connected for 2 or 3 days now.
I'm just waiting to see if next time it disconnects, its actually showing as disconnected within the eero app.
I still believe the issue I'm having is with the iAqualink unit itself and not the connection.
So I just got the error again within the iAqualink app. (Seen below.)
This screen is the one after selecting the pool name.
I then quickly checked the eero app and it appears that despite the above error the eero remains connected.
This makes me belief as I've said in this post previously, the issue is with the iAqualink and not the connection with eero.
I've mentioned this to iAqualink several times but they insists its eero at fault.
- 2 yrs agoLast active