Security Cameras/DVR

Just got my eero yesterday and have been able to set it up on my hybrid wired and wireless network. Everything is working great and I'm really happy, except I am unable to see my security cameras from outside my network. I can see them fine within the network and they have been assigned a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address.

My topology is: U-Verse Modem/Router (Pace 5268ac) in DMZ mode --> Eero 1 -->Netgear Prosafe 16-Port Gigabit Switch -->DVR (security cameras).

Before eero I had the DVR in a DMZ on the U-Verse Router, and was able to view them from outside the network, via "Media Port" 9000 and "Web Port" 85 on the iProtectron iPhone and Desktop apps.

I have gone into the eero app advanced network settings and forwarded those ports for the DVR's IP address, and have confirmed they are open.  Nonetheless I can't see the cameras outside my network.  My understanding is the eero doesn't yet have a DMZ setting.

I contacted support yesterday, and they assigned a ticket and are looking at it, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  I've thought about connecting the DVR/cameras directly to the U-Verse Router (in a separate LAN port, parallel to the eero) as another DMZ, but then I'm concerned I won't be able to access them from inside the network.  Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone has any thoughts about any security issues that could arise from this setup, I'd love to hear. 

7 replies

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Official response
    • Reported - view

Hey  macheartdoc

Thanks for reaching out! I am happy to hear everything is working great so far, but obviously, we'd like to get this resolved for you.

There may be some feedback and/or ideas from members of our community, but if you'd like, give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at support@eero.com. Our team will be happy to take a look and help resolve this for you.

• macheartdoc
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks!  Support got back to me and was able to solve the problem.  Basically needed to forward both ports incoming and outgoing and now everything is working as it should.  A slightly different configuration then with the DMZ on the U-Verse router, but accomplished the goal.

Very pleased with eero product and support!  Keep up the good work.

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Richard1864
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

macheartdoc thanks for telling the rest of us how to do it for ourselves. I appreciate that. 

• chuck
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yes, can someone from Eero please explain how to do this - forward incoming and out coming ports.  I'm having the same problem

• Capriole22
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was just on hold for over an hour to get help with this topic. How do I talk with a real person at eero about this issue of my security cameras not being seen past eero to my lorex NVR?

• Hwhitney
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Has anyone received an answer to this?

I have a honeywell system and with my netgear router all i needed to do was plug the rj45 cable into the router and I was able to access the system remotely. any thoughts as to how I am able to get it working with erro?

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 4867Views
  • 7 Following