Eero App iOS Update

I'm not sure about you, but I recently came to Eero for a solution that "just works" as well as offered a great app with a great UI that was not cluttered.  I love that Eero is growing, changing making it better for us, their customers, but may I suggest Eero that when we open our "new and improved" app that all of the different "tree's" of our various connected devices were closed (or minimized) when we open our Eero app.  Or maybe offer us the option to select a minimized or a maximized view.  Now when I open the app, the first thing I do is minimize everything, and then what I went to the app to do.

How about you Eero community, what are your thoughts?

18 replies

• Hpu40
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Absolutely hate the revised app. !!

• Hpu40
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Hpu40 

• Hpu40
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY CHANGING AND APP THAT WORKS PERFECT...

SOME BRAINIAC, THOUGHT “WELL”.....TIME FOR A CHANGE??
      ALL EERO HAS POSITIVITY PROVIDED, IS A “WEAKEN APP” THAT MAY SUIT EERO....ONLY!
      SELLING OUT TO AMAZON.....WELL ENOUGH CAN BE “IMAGINED” JUST WHAT’S GOING ON...

JUST TO CONTINUE MY DISSATISFACTION....EERO HAS SCREWED AND CONTINUES TO SCREW UP MY CONNECTED DEVICES.... 

AT THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE....I CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHY OUR DEFENSE DEPARTMENT....TOOK WHAT’S BEST FOR OUR COUNTRIES DEFENSE STRATEGY....

• David_S
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I must admit I'm not a fan of the new app myself but it is what it is and I'll live with it. In my opinion the old app it replaced had one of the most attractive and intuitive interfaces of any application out there - sometimes less is more.  

• thekurtlyon
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David S I would agree 100%

• Techguru
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No top devices, no adding/changing nicknames, no easy way to see how many total devices, no easy way to see what speed my ISP is providing... the list goes on. Why “fix” something that clearly wasn’t broken? You guys had a near 5-star rating that dropped to under 3.5 overnight. It’s clear no one likes this new app. Just please admit you were wrong and bring back the old app.

• thekurtlyon
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BYack I agree.  I would have not updated my app if I had known this was the result.  A UI like this has evolved to is part of the reason I left Netgear.  If I could roll back my app I would in a minute.

• Drew
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Thanks for your thoughts, BYack – as a quick note, the eero app still has the same overall functionality as the previous app, it's just reorganized. We still fully support device nicknames, and we have a whole tab for network performance – "Activity" – so please give us a call at 877-659-2347 or email support@eero.com if you have any questions about features and we'll help out!

Kindly,
      Drew, eero Community Team

• thekurtlyon
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Drew "it's just reorganized" @geteero  may need to work on how they define things.  @Drew I have  over 50 devices connected to the network and I/We, your user base and community cannot put connected devices in their appropriate groups within the @geteero  "reorganized" app.  I have 1 item in "Home", 20+ in "Other", I have items in "Entertainment" that should not be in that group, but we cannot change connected devices to their appropriate group.  Am I the only one who thinks that this is no longer a clean UI?  We may as well just see a big singular "Speed Test" button when we open the app, because that is about all we the users can do.  If I get notified of a new device joining the network, and it's a known and authorized device joining, "Wonderful"!!!  Because we cannot keep our network organized and put that newly joined device in its correct group.  Eero will put it someplace.  Throw us a bone @Drew. I am going to order #NetgearORBI stickers ;-/ to put on my Eero's around the house.  Because that will at least make sense of the clunky (I mean reorganized) UI.

• Techguru
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Drew I’m specifically talking about which devices are using the most data at the moment. This was incredibly helpful when I needed to find out what’s using bandwidth, that feature is outright gone. 

• mike5256
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BYack This app is ridiculous and a bit of an embarrassment for eero.  Listen to users...go back to old app it was fun to play around with and enjoyed it.   

• kenosborn
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Agree with everyone above - very frustrating to have something that is less intuitive to use thrust upon us.  Did they focus test this app?  From the moment you launch it (color scheme is downright putrid) it's a sober realization that a giant step backwards has just occurred. 

• ponsholm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I as well preferred the old iOS UI. Wish there was an option to use "legacy" mode. I especially enjoyed the view of connected devices with download speeds. (This can easily check at any time what device is connected)

• ponsholm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Obviously not enough feedback to go back to "legacy" app mode. 😕

#PrettyPlease

• thekurtlyon
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

ponsholm agree'd. I love how @geteero just "avoids" the conversation. The UI was a large portion for my migration to @nsweaver to #Eero. 

• Drew
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, thekurtlyon !

When it comes to big changes like this, we know the growing pains are going to be felt by a big chunk of our userbase, so detailed feedback like this is especially valuable. I don't have any information to share on when new changes and improvements may be coming to the app, nor can I speculate on the scope of any changes, but I wanted to let you know that your thoughts are seen and appreciated by the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts, and we'll do what we can to make sure that eero continues to be a product that continuously improves!

Kindly,
    Drew, eero Community Team

• mike5256
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Drew you will end up losing people who used to recommend eero.  AFter this app rollout i can no longer recommend as you must not have done focus groups or understand your user base.  Come on guys, think first!

• OAW
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In general I like the new iOS app. Especially dark mode. But I have two complaints. One is a clear regression whereas the other is a feature request:

Regression - Previously the app showed the total number of connected devices. I often used this as a mechanism to quickly see if my network was functioning as expected. I knew what this number should be so when that wasn't the case that alerted me that some devices had dropped off the network. Now we only have the total number of connected devices per category. And then only when the category is collapsed. We should have the total number of connected devices restored and the total number of connected devices per category should be visible whether or not the category is expanded/collapsed.

Feature Request - While the new category feature is nice it's next to useless if end users can't modify the default assignments. The vast majority of my devices were placed in the "Other" category when they should be in "Home" and it's very frustrating to not be able to change that.

Content aside

• 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 18Replies
  • 336Views
  • 10 Following