Silence in this forum made me try eero

Hi folks, 

I'm a new eero owner here with this site being one of the reasons why I had to investigate this amazing product. I've had my new eero and 2 beacons running my home network in a 2200 sq ft two floor home with zero issues for the past 36 hours. No rebooting mesh nodes or scrambling downstairs to restart clients that have dropped offline or futzing around with node placement and running speed tests and channel scans for optimizing my LAN. 

If this continues I'll not just keep my eero system but I'll get my life back doing more than struggling to keep the household online when I get home at night. 

Hats off to the entire eero team and please continue to keep up the good work and giving me a break from being the local network engineer!

best,

Dave 

7 replies

• cMoo92
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Isn’t it awesome to find a product that actually works well?

• David_S
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 Indeed! It' s so nice to come home from working with devices all day (I'm in IT in the medical field) and everything just works.  

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
      • cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David S yes indeed. I've had mine for about a year or so and have had an awesome experience with it.  eero Support has been great. The eero router just goes and goes and goes without hiccups. 

• David_S
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cotedan87 Thanks for the feedback. I've got my fingers crossed the flawless performance from my eero continues.  I spent a frustrating year with an AmpliFi HD system and four months with a Velop three-pack trying to keep nodes and clients online or services like Airplay functioning daily. Admittedly my house is a wifi "blackhole" in the basement playroom where our critical devices are but I refuse to give up wireless as an option unless every wifi system on the market fails. 

Considering I'm only 48 hours or so into eero I have a feeling I may be onto a winner here. Zero issues with setup and nothing but perfect connectivity and speeds between all devices in the house. Not a single glitch - and Airplay streams like a champ with zero drops!

• cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David S all good. Glad to hear it’s working. 

• David_S
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Day Six with my eero system and I'm sold. I've tried to break it but taking nodes offline, rearranging furniture back to the way the wife wants it (and blocking line of site between nodes) or Just Doing Nothing does not take any of our clients offline. This is the way life is supposed to be. 

I've packed up my AmpliFi HD and Velop system and they'll be given to family members. My eero is staying put. 

• cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David S Breakage is futile :). :) 

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 198Views
  • 3 Following