Skydrop Sprinkler system failing ping test to EERO

I have a skydrop sprinkler system and it works great on my old network and I want to connect it to my EERO.  part of the connection diagnostics on skydrop is to do a ping test and that fails.  it tries to ping the gateway at 192.168.1.1  

5 replies

• cMoo92
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is because the default gateway IP on the eero is 192.168.7.1. Your sprinkler device probably didn't get a new IP address from the eero when you were testing, so make sure to reboot your sprinkler device first to see if that resolves the issue.

• lonestarcanuck
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cMoo92 yes that was it.  I told the Skydrop to delete all WIFI settings and restarted it and now everything is working fine. 

• dgirvin
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

lonestarcanuck I tried the delete and restart process, and reconfigured wifi access. It worked for about an hour and then disconnected. I’ve done this several times now with the same result. Does anyone have any other approaches that worked for you? 

• lonestarcanuck
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

dgirvin Mine is working fine.  make sure you have enough signal strength and you can see the network as an option.  also make sure  your sprinkler has the latest software.  

I checked everything on my old network.  than disconnected from the OLD network and than added the new one that is on EERO

• dgirvin
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

lonestarcanuck thanks! I restarted the beacon (3’ from the Skydrop) and all seams to be working well now. Seems like some kind of order of operations issue at my end ;)

Content aside

• 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 859Views
  • 3 Following