Using Torch or Circle with Eero?
I use my Eero gear on my Verizon Fios home network with Verizon TV, so I unfortunately have to use my Eero's in bridge mode.
I am looking to add more family and parental control functionality, so I was thinking about adding either a Torch Router or Disney Circle device to my network. Any feedback or tips on this approach?
Actually, I don't think there is anything magical about the Verizon-provided router. It has a MOCA bridge in it. which is bit exotic, but you don't have to use it. I don't. I'd suggest you:
(1) Call Verizon and have them switch your Internet over from the MOCA port on the optical netowrk terminal to the Ethernet port.
(2) Remove the Verizon router and disconnect it from your home coax wiring and the ONT.
(3) Plug any router you want into the Ethernet port on the ONT, including an Eero.
(4) Buy a commercially-available Ethernet-MOCA 2.0 bridge, like this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J7OBUU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_GsAuzbD7WJ5F4
(5) Install the MOCA bridge, connecting it via Ethernet to the LAN side of your home network and coax cable to your home's cable wiring.
Just as a P.S., this is the right link for the Actiontec MOCA bridge that people say works fine with Verizon set top boxes. The one linked above has issues (read the product Q/A).