Encrypt.me and outgoing email

I love the Eero plus feature for using encrypt.me and use it all the time. One thing I’ve noticed that isn’t so great is that whenever the VPN is active, any outgoing mail via SMTP sits in the outbox. This happens with email accounts backed by Gmail and Zoho. It doesn’t happen for my exchange account. I thought about setting up port forwarding to pass SMTP traffic across the bridge device, but the app is requiring a MAC address and all the app shows is an IP address for the device. Any idea if this is the right approach and how I go about finding the MAC address for that device?

7 replies

• cMoo92
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The eero app shows the MAC address for every device on your network. Just tap on the device, and then scroll to the bottom of the page.

• Hardly_Ted
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks cMoo92, but it doesn’t for eero devices; it only does for non-eero devices. On the main screen of the app, you tap on an eero device. No where in these screens does it show a MAC address, on any submenu. When you go into Network Settings, it is not there, either.

• cMoo92
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Hardly_Ted oh, you’re wanting the MAC address for the eero. That’s also in the app. On the home screen, tap on the eero and then tap “details”. It will show the MAC address for each Ethernet port.

• Hardly_Ted
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 

::facepalm::

i sae that screen, ready the headings, didn’t see MAC listed anywhere, then moved on. Would have helped to look at the actual values. Thank you for pointing out my missing the details. You rock!

• Hardly_Ted
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Unfortunately, it looks like the ip address of the bridge can’t be used as part of port forwarding. When I try to do so, I get an error message saying that it is outside the range of my subnet. Does anyone else have suggestions on this one?

• cMoo92
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Hardly_Ted I would recommend reaching out to encrypt.me support, because this really doesn’t have anything to do with eero.

Also, I can confirm that I don’t have this issue with the Gmail accounts on my iPhone while using encrypt.me .

• Hardly_Ted
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 thanks. I’ll do that as well. Was just hoping that someone else had run into something that was similar. 

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 272Views
  • 2 Following