Amazon has acquired eero

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/11/18220960/amazon-eero-acquisition-announced

Congratulations to eero. Not terribly shocking to me that they got acquired but still kind of a bummer. Acquisitions usually don’t result in being a good thing for the customers of the pre-acquisition product. I’m also not a big fan of Amazon’s privacy functionality. At least I know my current eeros don’t have Alexa built in :)

32 replies

• epo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Another not so positive story regarding the sale and situation: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/5/18297619/amazon-eero-price-fire-sale-mesh-wi-fi-buyout

I guess I should have sold mine when they kept prices grossly out of line with the competition.  Hopefully, Amazon has a viable strategy and won't kill it off.

• Skeeter
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

epo  agreed and had no clue that they’re is such a mess.  Too bad and never envisioned that they were fire sale material.   

• Mr_J
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The news continues to get better 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🖱

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
    • cotedan87
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Time to look at the positives. eero will stay well above water with Amazon. 

• Iceman_21
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Eh, still glad I sold mine and got my $$$ back. Amazon will strip the tech and make a new "Alexa"product

• Mgreer316
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Iceman 21 Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm examining alternatives. If things get disagreeable, then I'll leap. 

• Skeeter
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Iceman 21 I love my eeros and honestly don’t see Amazon doing that especially if you look how they handled Ring.  If anything they May rebrand the device but certainly will see them enhance the software.  If you look at the WiFi tech over the past year it’s gotten pretty stagnant waiting for the next WiFi standard to take off so perhaps we won’t really see anything like eero 3 until late this year or even 2020. Just my $.02

• Iceman_21
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Reading an updated article on how Amazon bought Eero dirt cheap further supports my theory that Amazon will strip the tech and use it for data mining. 

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 32Replies
  • 571Views
  • 17 Following