More complicated configuration

Hi, I have a domain controller at home that I use for DNS and DHCP.  I also have a static IP from my ISP.  I don't see a way to configure a static IP on the Eero LAN port without enabling DHCP.  It seems that when setting up Eero as a bridge, it doesn't get an IP address on the LAN side, so I can't use it as my default gateway.  

Is there a way to configure Eero to be a default gateway on the LAN, connected to an ISP with a static IP, and have it not be responsible for handing out DHCP leases?

2 replies

• cMoo92
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

As you’ve found, there’s no way to disable DHCP through the app. You could try contacting support and seeing if they can disable DHCP manually.

Realistically though, eero is designed to be as reliable, simple and easy to use as possible (which they succeed at 99% of the time), and their focus is not on having advanced (and more complex) options that most people wouldn’t ever use. More likely then not, you’re probably going to find eero isn’t going to work for you as you have a far more complex network than the majority of home users.

• chadbid
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your question.  However, I have a question for you.  I have a home domain, as well.  Have you tried using your EERO set just as a wireless network router without bridging.  i.e. Using double nat-ing for your wireless devices.  I like what I read about EERO but don't want to spend the money if I can't use it like I can other simple routers.  Thank you.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 544Views
  • 3 Following