Eero pro wifi 5 and wifi 6 Question

Hi,

I just got a  new MacBook Pro with M1 pro chip and it has wireless 6. I got a Eero wifi 5 pro with Charter gigabit internet plan. I want to know  how would a wifi 6 support   speed would be on  a error wifi 5 normal speed?

12 replies

• Michael_eero_support
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Cmp

The MacBook will treat the eero like it is, a wifi 5 device.  It should connect fine and get as much speed as the eero can give it.  I would expect to see speeds in the 100 to 300s, depending on wireless environment of course.

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support 

I have 940mbps 40 uploads for internet speeds.

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support  What this update v6.12.1-54 Does it make dis channel not to be on the same channel as   my  next door?

• Michael_eero_support
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Cmp The latest updates (in the 6.12.x range) add ACS (automatic channel selection) to bridged eero networks.  Previously ACS only worked on eero that were doing the routing.

The eero can use DFS channels if they are available but there are times when it will not.  Most DFS channels require lesser transmit power than non-DFS channels, so there are times where it makes sense to use a more crowded non-DFS channel to get higher throughput than a DFS channel with lesser transmit power.

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support    What about  when they not in bridged mode?

• Michael_eero_support
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Cmp Prior to v6.12.0 only non-bridged eero had ACS

After v.6.12.0 non-bridged and bridged eero have ACS

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support  That what I was talk about non-bridged so that speed up my wifi5 eero pro your saying?

• Michael_eero_support
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Cmp It won't make a difference to a non-bridged eero network, the non-bridged eero already had that capability.

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support I talking about DFS channel like forfind the best channel. I talking about it not be on the same wireless channel like a channel finder?

• Michael_eero_support
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Cmp I do not understand your question.  eero's ACS can select DFS wireless channels to use if they are clear and it makes sense to use them.  There are circumstances were a DFS channel might be clear but would result in slower speeds, since they limit transmission power on those channels.  In those cases the eero likely will pick a non-DFS channel to use.

• Cmp
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Michael_eero_support is DFS channel like a channel finder I talk about? I hope that not to tech for you..

• Evan_eero_support
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Cmp DFS might pick a different channel so you are on a different channel than your neighbor. It might not. It depends on your environment. We cannot force it to pick a specific channel. I hope this answers your question.

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 136Views
  • 3 Following