Blocked devices disappear from list after time

I notice that any device marked as blocked under the device list will automatically vanish after a period of time (when there's no activity or attempts to connect from the blocked device). The user isn't able to unblock the device unless there's another attempt to connect from the blocked device, which is when it'll show back up on the device list in the blocked section. There should be a way to see all blocked devices at any time, even after inactivity, so we know what's still blocked and for us to be able to unblock easily.

7 replies

• wrxster
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is a problem when one accidentally blocks a device. I have a blink cam that I blocked that does not show up anymore for me to unblock. 

• jdcastanon
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

wrxster I agree 100%

• rogermosborne
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

wrxster I am also stuck now as I have accidentally blocked the wife’s Fitbit scales as I did not know she had attempted to connect them and didn’t recognise the device name or network device type. I am now stuck and can’t unblock the device

• WN2018
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm getting same issue. How does this get escalated? I have an iPad that I can no longer get to the internet.

• rogermosborne
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

WN2018 for right now, contact Eero tech support, they can see these devices from their end and can help with removing/managing this situation.

I had the same issue, and their tech support was very responsive, wonderful to deal with, and had me sorted in no time at all.

• jdcastanon
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

WN2018 On yr eero app, try reconnecting yr ipad, and see if it doesn't pop up in the blocked list..

I noticed the devices I have blocked on my eero app, tend to magically pop up and re-disappear from time to time..

So if it re-appears in yr blocked list, u should be able to unblock it.

• eerofan0107
    • 6 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Blocked devices will only listed on ypur app for only a certain period of time.. im estimating 30 days but not sure. Since eero uses mac addresses to block the device using private wifi or enabling mac randomization on your device then forgetting the network and reconnecting can help you... if that doesnt last option is to call eero support can unblock not listed devices on your network

Content aside

• 9 Likes
  • 6 mths agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 2412Views
  • 8 Following