Eero update 3.8.0.1205

Glad to see new eero update seeded today.  Have had a few Nest cam Outdoor disconnects since today’s update though, so will monitor over the hours and days. Nothing else changed but the eero update.

Nest outdoor cams have been 100% stable under former eero update until today’s change. Will keep an eye out for patterns. (FYI Nest Cam Outdoors must run at 2.4 ghz in Canada, not 5 ghz, due to regulatory requirements. No idea if this is related). 

20 replies

• chakajon
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just noticed this since the update. App is showing no devices connected, although everything is working (smart lights, switches, lock, etc), including two streaming TVs. I've rebooted gateway eero and hard reset on iPhone twice.  Anyone else??

• garretblack
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

chakajon yes mine is showing the same.  I was just about to post this

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
    • cotedan87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can’t say I’ve had that problem. It did happen to me some time back on earlier release. Had to power cycle the main eero gateway, then things appeared ok. For latest update, though, all devices showing fine. 

Earlier reported problem of Nest Outdoor cam disconnections have stopped and everything is now stable. Could have been cams jockeying for signal and network interference ?  

All is good now. 

• garretblack
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cotedan87 reboot seemed to fix not being able to see connected devices for now.

• cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

garretblack Great. I wonder if it’s an app issue. In former release, everything worked fine so eero gateway was ok. App was showing nothing connected tho. I guess it’s showing its head in latest release too. 

• Hydro
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

On Reddit, one of the Eero engineers said it's a known cloud issue, and it should be cleared up soon.

• chakajon
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Everything seems to be back in order, all 24 devices connected. 🙄

• Steve1963
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am pretty disappointed.  I have a three Eero Pro setup.  After months of flawless operation, I have to say this latest Eero update is a mess (3.8.0.1205).  Took about an hour for my device list to populate and about a half hour for the individual Eeros to stop "refreshing" and show bars that they were connected (I rebooted the system multiple times).  I ran some speed tests and my speeds are barely half of what they used to be.  What's going on, Eero?  This is unfortunately feeling more like Orbi than what I'v come to expect from Eero.

• eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Steve1963 —

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear the issue you experienced.

Is this still happening? Or has your app and network returned to a normal state?

If you’re still seeing this, please send a ticket to support@eero.com and a member of our team will be happy to take a look into the issue.

• Steve1963
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jeff C. Thanks Jeff.  I powered off and on each eero individually by unplugging.  Seems like it's better.  Let sit overnight and this morning before work, connectivity is still good and I am back up to getting 260+ Mb/s (close to where I was before) at my non-gateway eero (service is 300).  Yesterday I was unable to break 150.  I turned on Smart Queue Management in the beta labs setting and speeds dropped dramatically into the 140's consistently.  Turned it back off and went back to 260+.  I'll just leave it off, seems like things are OK now.

• Mike_A
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hmmm, I've had a great experience with Eero for months, however, last night I noticed the red LED was on. This am the blue LED is flashing. I unplugged the Eero from power, after reconnecting the white LED flashes, then back to blue flashing. Eero app says there is no internet connection, but internet is good, confirmed by MBP direct connection to the modem. ?

• eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mike A —

Sorry to hear the issue you're experiencing. A member of our team would be happy to help.

Would you mind reaching out to support so we can take a look? You can give us a call at 877-659-2347 or email support@eero.com .

• Mike_A
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Decided to do some troubleshooting on my own first. Removed eero. Deleted the Eero app, re-downloaded it. Went through set up new device, re-installed Eero and Beacons. Prompted for update, did so. Now all is well.

Eero app says 234/12 , Speedtest says 119/12 (which is in line with my actual Spectrum service).

• cotedan87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

More Nest Cam disconnects tonight.... At various times around 8pm tonight, 4 of my Nest Cams disconnected again for a couple minutes. This is very unusual for the cams as they’ve had zero disconnects since I bought my eeros. They were rock solid. Now since the latest eero update, the cams have had two sets of disconnections. 

Nothing else but the new eero update has changed. I’m running eero under bridge mode but cannot explain why the cams are disconnecting. Have no idea if other devices are disconnecting too (the Nest cams have a video history that show the disconnects). 

Anybody else having random device disconnect since the eero update ?

• cotedan87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Update on Nest cams ... there are now very stable with no disconnects. After rebooting the gateway as suggested by Nick Weaver, things are back to their stable and normal stuff. My issues *might have been from the Nest server but I’m not sure. For the moment, eero is ultra stable. 

Now if only eero Plus ad blocking worked in bridge mode :(.  It’s so awesome. 

• cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cotedan87 more brief Nest cam disconnects at around 4:16 am this morning. All my cams disconnect and I don’t know how to troubleshoot this further. Becoming a pattern.   

• Steve1963
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I wanted to post an update on my Eero system's performance after nearly a week and a half of use since the update.  I think I reacted with criticism initially a bit hastily :-) - probably due to my unpleasant repeat experiences with disastrous firmware updates with another popular band of router system.  I did have to hard reboot each Eero after the update to correct some issues, but am pleased to report ten days later that there have been zero issues of any kind, the system has been perfectly stable, and my speeds have improved a bit.  All Eeros have stayed online and my Nest smoke detectors, which occasionally went offline and required manual intervention (I thought it was an issue with the Nests) have stayed online every time I have checked the app.  VERY pleased and well done, Eero.

• cotedan87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same. Initial Nest cam hiccups gone now although time will tell. Also have eero Plus going. Occasional lag surfing the web but need to see if it’s due to anything eero or not. Stability for all 60+ devices is strong. Devices easily connect to nearest of the 5 eeros. 

• cotedan87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

New question for the forum. SQM, eero Plus etc all activated. Outside on my deck, my iPad seems to search and jump between eero units. There are 3 eeros within equal distance of the iPad. Getting yellow bars for signal, and they stay this way despite not being far. Is this relate to juggling between eeros ?

• dsteinke63
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My main v2 unit failed to update.  LED was off.  After unplugging, letting sit for 30 seconds, and plugging back in multiple times, LED still did not come on.  Finally did a soft reset and light turned on solid white instead of flashing, but I released the button so I didn't do a hard reset. After power cycle with 1 minute unplugged, unit came on flashing blue, but couldn't add it to the app.  Had to swap it with another unit to get my network up.  Tried adding unit again which app said failed, but after a bit it came back online as a non-router/gateway.  This is the third time since I've owned the unit that I've had to manually intervene after an update.  Once I had to do a hard reset.  Is this normal?  Is the update process not reliable?  Thank you.

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 1407Views
  • 8 Following