Twitter Video Autoplay

Hi All -

Just installed my Eero 2 network about 3 weeks ago.  Everything about it is fantastic except one thing.  I am having an odd issue with Twitter and I cannot figure it out.  When I'm connected to Eero network, videos/GIFs, etc will not autoplay.  It will think for about 10 seconds and display the message "content not available".  When I'm at work, logged into my other home network or on cellular data, all of the Twitter media autoplays normally.  It's only when I'm connected to my Eero network that this issue arises.  Any ideas or suggestions to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

7 replies

• Drew
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, greenbay39 – Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us, and welcome to the eero Community! 

This is definitely an unusual issue, but I'm confident we can get to the bottom of it with a little digging. To start with, I'm curious to know whether this is specifically just for Twitter, or various social media feeds in general; for example, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, etc. Additionally, can you let us know which device in particular is having this issue, and what operating system & OS version that device uses? (If it's multiple devices, please specify each.) Finally, when on Twitter, are you viewing the feed through the official Twitter app, or are you using a third party platform like Fenix, Tweetbot, Twidere, or other app? 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to hearing back from you to continue assisting! As always, if you prefer, you can speak to an agent directly by calling 877-659-2347, or you can shoot an email to support@eero.com !

Kindly,
    Drew, eero Community Team

• greenbay39
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Drew -

Thank you for the reply.  As of now, it's just Twitter that's giving me the issue (and it is, indeed, the native Twitter app).  Facebook, the only other major social media app I utilize, is acting like it should, autoplaying videos and other various media as I scroll.  And it's occurring on just my iPhone X with the latest available iOS (11.2.1).  I've also looked at the settings in Twitter and set autoplay to occur on both mobile data and WiFi.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app and reset my phone to no avail.

Hopefully we can find a solution!

Thanks!

• Adrowe8
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This happening with me too. I have iPhone X, running the latest iOS 11.2.1 I tried restarting the eero, and reinstalling the twitter app. Facebook and Instagram videos will auto play. Twitter & Twitterrific will not. If I change over to my wifi the videos will play. Just not on my eero network 

• Adrowe8
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just updated to the lasted iOS (11.2.5), still not working 

• eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Adrowe8 —

Do you have ad block enabled with eero Plus?

• Adrowe8
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jeff C. I’m not signed up for the   eero plus upgrade 

• eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Adrowe8

Thanks for confirming. That’s definitely odd. Please email support@eero.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Content aside

• 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 492Views
  • 4 Following