Not sure what I need to purchase
Thinking of making the switch from my current setup consisting of ASUS RT-AC88U router and 3 wireless AP's to eero . What would I lose, if anything, by eliminating the ASUS RT-AC88U? Does eero allow me to port forward for instance? What are the pros and cons of keeping the ASUS RT-AC88U and replacing the wireless AP's with eero ? Coverage requirements are 2900sq foot house, 3 floors. Modem is located on the top floor.
Hi robdam1001 —
Welcome to the eero community and thanks for your interest!
While I wouldn't be able to speak for your current router, with eero you would still be able to use port forwarding.
The main benefits you will see from eero are:
- A single SSID for your entire network, so no more jumping between APs or the 2.4/5 GHz network.
- Smart routing, ensuring all your devices get the best coverage while moving throughout your home.
- Automatic updates, so your eero system is always getting better and receiving updates for security, performance, and feature enhancements.
- An all-in-one app to create, manage, and troubleshoot your network.
- Top-tier customer support.
- eero Plus, an optional add-on that provides your entire network with enterprise-level security that can stop online threats from affecting your devices.
- And more!
You can find all the benefits of an eero WiFi system here.
I hope this helps! Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at email@example.com .