VNC - The connection was refused by the computer. AND ssh: connect to host 192.168.10.30 port 22: Connection refused

SSH and VNC not working. I was using VNC and SSH on my M1 Mac Mini to connect to a Raspberry Pi yesterday. In previous attempts I was unsuccessful, but yesterday a 2.4g ssid connection appeared and both VNC and SSH worked. Today the 2.4g ssid has disappeared. I called tech support and was told that the Eero broadcasts the 2.4g and 5g as one ssid. I disabled the 5g and tried again to no avail. The woman who answered the tech support line was very nice, but not very knowledgable (she had never heard of a Raspberry Pi). She was texting a tech about the situation. Other than her being very nice, the tech support sucks. Going to have to replace this if I can't get it working. Anybody else have this issue?

Here's what I received from my Ping earlier today:

PING 192.168.10.30 (192.168.10.30): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

ping: sendto: No route to host

Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

ping: sendto: Host is down

Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Request timeout for icmp_seq 6

Request timeout for icmp_seq 7

And this is what I get now:

% ssh pi@192.168.10.30

ssh: connect to host 192.168.10.30 port 22: Connection refused

Anybody have an answer?

James

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hello makerJames ,

I'll send you a direct message in just a few minutes. Can you follow the directions there so we can get ticket going so I can look into this for you?

Like Follow
  • 4 wk agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 18Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com