Sonos + eero : speakers disappear

I am trying to connect my sonos playbar to eero; the process is flawless and I see the speaker in the app and can use it. However, after I close and reopen the sonos app, the app cannot find the speaker anymore. I have reinstalled three times with identical results. Everything was working when I was connecting to the regular WiFi 

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • What do you mean by “regular WiFi” in your last sentence?

Reply Like
      • Rester
      • Rester
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I mean my WiFi network, not the one created by eero

Reply Like
    • Rester is eero your only WiFi network now in your house, or do you have another router (like your internet modem/gateway) still running a WiFi network?

Reply Like
      • Rester
      • Rester
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I have my original WiFi still running but nothing connects to it. All devices connect to the eero wifi

Reply Like
    • Rester I’d recommend doing a factory reset on your Sonos speaker and set it back up. While I love Sonos, in my experience with Sonos it has some quirky bugs sometimes—especially when changing networks.

Reply Like
      • Rester
      • Rester
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I have done it multiple times. Thing is, it works in the beginning. But then I close the Sonos app and when I re-open it it doesn't find the speakers anymore.

Reply Like
      • draimist
      • draimist
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rester I had same. You will need to plug one of your speakers directly into the eero router and reconfigure it. Here is the article. Worked flawlessly. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

David

Reply Like
      • Rester
      • Rester
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

draimist do I need to keep it connected to the router forever or just for the set up? If the former can I have one speaker wired and the others not? I have many speakers around the house and only one is close to the router 

Reply Like
      • draimist
      • draimist
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rester just to setup.  Look at the link. When done it will prompt you to unhook and put speaker back. You only have to do it once with one speaker. 

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 4 days agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 19Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com