Sonos + eero : speakers disappear

I am trying to connect my sonos playbar to eero; the process is flawless and I see the speaker in the app and can use it. However, after I close and reopen the sonos app, the app cannot find the speaker anymore. I have reinstalled three times with identical results. Everything was working when I was connecting to the regular WiFi 

14 replies

• cMoo92
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What do you mean by “regular WiFi” in your last sentence?

• Rester
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I mean my WiFi network, not the one created by eero

• cMoo92
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Rester is eero your only WiFi network now in your house, or do you have another router (like your internet modem/gateway) still running a WiFi network?

• Rester
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I have my original WiFi still running but nothing connects to it. All devices connect to the eero wifi

• cMoo92
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Rester I’d recommend doing a factory reset on your Sonos speaker and set it back up. While I love Sonos, in my experience with Sonos it has some quirky bugs sometimes—especially when changing networks.

• Rester
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 I have done it multiple times. Thing is, it works in the beginning. But then I close the Sonos app and when I re-open it it doesn't find the speakers anymore.

• draimist
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Rester I had same. You will need to plug one of your speakers directly into the eero router and reconfigure it. Here is the article. Worked flawlessly. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

David

• Rester
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

draimist do I need to keep it connected to the router forever or just for the set up? If the former can I have one speaker wired and the others not? I have many speakers around the house and only one is close to the router 

• draimist
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Rester just to setup.  Look at the link. When done it will prompt you to unhook and put speaker back. You only have to do it once with one speaker. 

• jeremybawcom
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Another possible issue that it just took me 4+h to figure out...
    My housemate set up our eero network with identical name and password as our original network. I recommend disambiguating the two (just add `[eero] or something to the name), because on all of my devices (imac, mpb, iphone, android), only one instance was showing.

The result is that when I was configuring Sonos in one room, devices were on one network. But then moving myself and/or speakers to different rooms meant the device(s) were switching between the original or eero networks. But because the network was showing up with the same name, I couldn't tell. I'm far from technical, so don't know if my explanation makes any technical sense. But as soon as I renamed the eero network, I was able to see which my phone was connected to, which my sonos was configured against, and that one of my speakers was connected to a different network.

So my tl;dr:  make sure to name your eero network differently than your original network.

Otherwise your devices and/or sonos system may be switching between them during/after setup without your realizing, resulting in your burning most of a day driving yourself insane trying to understand why the devices show as connected to a network (solid white light), but don't appear in your app

• cMoo92
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

jeremybawcom it sounds like you’re saying you had left the WiFi enabled on your original router as well as your eero network. If that’s the case, then yes you would create a mess (and possibly wireless chaos). You should just have eero running WiFi and disable WiFi on your other router.

• Farlander
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

FYI - I solved the Sonos / Eero issues by connecting my Sub Gen 3 to ethernet. The rest of my sonos devices now appear hard wired in the eero app and work perfectly.

• Lippere
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same problem but even after reconnecting with an Ethernet cable I loose Sonos speakers after reconnecting the App I lost several of them again. How can I disable the router? 

• Punter16
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

In many cases, you need to set a reserved IP with Sonos so the Sonos devices don't lose their IP. See in video below at about 5:20. This fixed a similar issue for me and for many of our clients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKC93O1YRLQ&t=341s

Content aside

• 2 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 2155Views
  • 9 Following