Cannot get PCs to see Epson WF-3640, which says it is on the network
I am at a loss as to what to try next. The printer says it has excellent strength and is connected. There is eero documentation that states: "You can also connect your printer wirelessly. In order to do so, your printer must support WPA2 AES-based CCMP encryption. eero does not support WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), as it has well-documented security issues. We also do not support older encryption standards like WEP, WPA, or WPA2 TKIP."
The printer docs say is uses WPA-PSK for security. Sounds like this printer might be the problem?
Hi chanceg —
Sorry to hear the issue. Were you able to get this resolved?
If not, it would probably be best to open a ticket with our support team. Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to take a look and get this resolved.
Jeff C. I was able to get everything working!
What did you do to resolve the problem?
Ya sometime it happen that our system not recognize printer. Most of people face this issue including me. But i fix this issue very smartly and want to share solution and reasons for this issue with you.........
- Open devices and printer and check for any yellow warning icon.
- Disable the security software, firewall and any anti virus you are using.
- Download and install the latest printer drivers and printer software from the Epson printer site.
These steps resolve my issue and i hope this will help you to if not then there might be a serious issue b/w your both devices which need proper troubleshooting. Thus, use Epson WF-3640 Manual for troubleshoot the bug.
I have found the same problem with my printer. I have checked all thing but I could not get its solution then I have followed technician on https://printerssupport.org/ricoh-printer-support/ they checked my system and find the problem from WPA-PSK. They correct them easily to print my printer
Epson Connect Printer Setup For Windows
- Download and install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Agree to the End-User License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install, then Finish.
- Select your product, then click Next.
- Select Printer Registration, then click Next.
- Select Agree, then click Next.
had the same experience. Epson website doesn't tell you an important step at the very beginning of the process. Before you open the scanner unit cover, you need to start by selecting Setup from the touch screen.
- 2 yrs agoLast active