Most Efficient Architecture layout Recommendation

Hi all, I am new to Eero, and just setup my network. From what I can tell, I have two options for a network layout (see image).

In Option A, I have the two Eero nodes connecting to a switch and nothing coming out the other port. When looking at any of the wired devices near that eero node, they are all showing as attached to the primary eero connected to the internet. 

In Option B, I have the two 8-port switches attaching to their respective eeros nodes. I can only imagine that in this case, those devices would show up as going through their respective eeros as opposed to the Primary eero. 

My question is: Which is a better, more efficient layout? Option A has the benefit of 1 less hop to get to the internet. Option B might be beneficial because the load of all of those devices might be split across all three eeros more efficiently. I know each device can support around 100 devices, and I have around 120 devices in my entire house, so Option A should be fine, but I figure I would leave it up to the experts.  Thank you for your time. 

4 replies

• Pauly.1
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I just realized I should likely have put this in Q&A. I cannot find a way to delete this thread, but I will repost it there. 

• mactei987
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I'm not sure if you got any feedback in Q&A, but I would think you need to seperate the wifi (eero) from your LAN network.  I use eero to mesh my network, and then connect a few of my wired connections to the eero on a case by case basis.  I guess it depends on your network devices and what you are wanting to accomplish.  If you have an already LAN network that works good, use that as your main network and attach eero to supplement (option A).

• Pauly.1
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for the response. I am currently doing upstairs as Option A and downstairs as Option B to see what works best. 

• mactei987
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Cool - quite interesting.  If you don't mind, please let me know if your results as I'm interested in this.

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 108Views
  • 2 Following