EERO Pro 6 stopped connecting to LG OLED TV over WIFI

Just yesterday our tv stopped establishing a connection with our eero pro 6 mesh network.  We've tried just about everything... resetting the tv to factory settings, rebooting our modem & eero routers, and even checking for the latest firmware/software update dates to ensure that wasn't the issue as well.  Also had LG customer support on the phone assisting and still no luck.  We even tried pausing the 5Ghz band just so 2.4Ghz was the only active band.  It all comes back to the eero network not allowing the tv to connect because we even were able to connect the tv to my phone's hotspot.  Anyone having a similar issue with connecting over wifi?  I'm at a loss having tried everything so far... 

4 replies

• eero_support
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello jmcarlisle078 ,

Have you checked to see if the device was in your blocked devices list? Can the TV see the eero network? If it can see the eero network, what happens when you try to connect the device to the network?

• Katelyndatema
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Go to the eero app, then go to the troubleshooting selection. Turn off your 5g (just for 10 mins) and connect. 

Worked for me! Good luck!

• Jude_Plante
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Katelyndatema Hello. I tried this. Several times. As soon as 5G comes back online, my LG TV reconnects to that and soon drops again. My old LG TV is on 2.4 and if I remember correctly (it's been a few years) we took SOME action to force tv to use 2.4 and it's been fine for a few years. Help?

• Michael_eero_support
      • 11 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Jude Plante Try disabling Client Steering (if it is on).  That feature will try to encourage devices to get on the 5ghz instead of the 2.4. It could be counter productive given how this TV is behaving.  You will find it in the eero app under Settings->Network Settings.  If it is already off I would look at some way to force the TV, via its settings, to use 2.4 only or hardwire the TV if you can.

Content aside

• 11 mths agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1879Views
  • 5 Following