Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 & Eero 6 Pro

Just got my Eero 6 Pro three pack on Wednesday. Setup was easy. I configured my Eero with the same name and password as my previous WiFi setup and pretty much every device connected to the Eero without problem. However my work laptop doesn't even see the network. When try to connect I see a few other networks from neighbors, but my own doesn't show up. I went in and "Forgot" the network thinking that would clear it up, but still nothing. I tried to manually configure the network and it can't find it.

This is very frustrating because, so far, other than this one laptop the Eero 6 Pro set up is working excellent. However I can't just get a new work laptop, and remoting from home is absolutely essential. I hate to have to return this because of this one issue. Please help!

2 replies

• Support Lead
    • Chris_S
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey weeeezzll - thanks for posting! This wireless card is one that Intel has driver updates for specifically around this issue, where they're unable to 'see' 802.11ax networks: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

We have a tool in the app that should help get the device connected so you can update the driver. There's more information in this article, but here are the steps:

• Open the eero app and tap Settings on the bottom right
    • Tap Troubleshooting
    • Tap My device won’t connect
    • Tap on My device can’t detect Wi-Fi 6
    • Toggle Legacy Mode on
    • Your device should now be able to detect and join your eero network

Let me know if this helps! If the work laptop is more "locked down", you may need to consult with your work's IT team in order to get the driver updated.

• weeeezzll
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Chris This worked perfectly thanks!

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 438Views
  • 2 Following