UP time ?

Any way of knowing the UP time of the router and satellites ?  Would help break down any connection issues. 

4 replies

• cMoo92
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There’s no way to do this through the eero app.

I use https://uptimerobot.com/ to ping my external IP. I don’t really worry about my eero devices’ uptime but rather so that I can keep my ISP honest.

• jramlow
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Coming from the Netgear Orbi due to the reboot issues that many may have read about, I am also particularly interested in knowing the UP time as well. I'm sure there are quite a few "converts" from Orbi to Eero because of the rebooting issues plaguing the Orbi.  I have a home automation system that tracks internal IP addresses on the network using FING. Through this I can see that since the 28th of December I've lost access to the Eero router nine times. One of which was when I ran the firmware update which was expected. The other times were mostly at the beginning: 5 times on December 31st and once on Jan 1st, twice on the 2nd. I do not think it is suffering from the same issue that the Orbi was with my Android devices since that would reboot the Orbi many times a day. 

I have almost no doubt that the loss of the ping from the fing program was a fing (and more to the point...ping) related issue. I say ALMOST because I am still very gun shy having wasted $400 on the orbi system which is sitting unconnected on my work bench and having paid $350 a week and a half ago for the Eero. I'll give the uptimerobot.com system a try hoping to either confirm or deny any results I get from my internal fing scans that are always running here. Any thoughts on other options I can use to check that may be more reliable than Fing?

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
    • cotedan87
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I came from Orbi as well due to th constant reboots. Only been 18 since I plugged my 3 eeros in. It I erything is rock solid so far. Best th best 18 hours in many weeks of computing here :) 

• Fan of tinkering with new hardware. Canadian dude.
      • cotedan87
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

cotedan87 looking back at own email from 5 months ago.... Still with eero. Had a few bumps along the way with Nest cam and Lifx bulb disconnects. Lifx bulbs are the fault of the bulbs ... weak, and having too many runs you 2.4 network crazy. For Nest cams, having less Lifx bulbs and moving to Philips Hue instead cleared up the disconnect problems. 

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 871Views
  • 3 Following