Individual Unit Performance

Is there a way to check the performance of an individual unit?  I have 6 eero (1 wired gateway and 5 wireless leaves) spread throughout my home.  The wired gets 100/50 while the areas with the wireless units are anywhere from 80/50 to 5/5.  I'm trying to figure out a way to optimize placement (I've read the FAQ already).  Thanks

6 replies

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Official response
    • Reported - view

Hi  george —

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the eero community!

At this time, there isn't a way to check the performance of individual eeros. We do appreciate the feedback, and I'll be happy to share it with our team!

In the meantime, our support team would be more than happy to help you with placement as they do have tools that can help with optimizing your network and eero placement. Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at support@eero.com.

• george
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks.  I'll give support a try.

• r/eero Moderator
    • JTswift
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This advice worked for someone else. You may not need 6 eeros. The person who followed my advice went from 21! Eeros to 7 in a very large home.

Here's what I'd do if I were you. I'd put the first eero down where my modem is (gateway eero), turn it on, then walk around with my phone and see how far the signal went. I'd inch it in some from the edge and then put the next eero. Repeat until I was happy with the coverage. 

Also, consider your placement. Your kitchen is going to impact your wireless signal. Giant televisions will impact your signal. 

Putting them low to the floor, or hidden in a metal cabinet, will impact the signal.

Just start over and see where that gets you. Remember to remake your network, as that has helped some people in the past (you can still remake it with the same SSID so you don't have to reconnect everything.)

• george
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I will give that a try.  How do you "remake" the network?

• r/eero Moderator
    • JTswift
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just delete it in the app and start over.

Content aside

• 7 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 1079Views
  • 4 Following