Android and August not allowed in Eero Sandbox

I had a great relationship with August Smart Lock Pro before I switched to Eero mesh. Now, the combination of Eero and Android S10+ or Note 5 will not connect to August "Connect", period. I had August Tech Service on the phone today and he said they constantly have problems when Eero is involved.
After 20 minutes of failure to connect, he asked, "Do you happen to have an iPhone in the house?" Well, yes, I do. I got my wife's ancient iPhone and we proceeded to connect the lock to Eero in seconds.  Not only that, in iPhone's wifi connect menu there is a specific item that says, "connect to August". I selected that option and it worked immediately.
iPhone represents 15% of the market. How is it that Eero works with it, and not with the 85% Android???

4 replies

• thekurtlyon
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My August Smart Lock Pro connected to my Eero system without a hitch.

• Richard1864
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Samsung’s phones are known to have issues with August, Nest, and Ring, amongst others, primarily because Samsung is 3+ months behind other vendors in updating their devices. The Note 5 is at least 3 years out of date and will never see anything newer than Android 8, while Android version 9 is the minimum for August, Ring, and Nest. Eero actually is NOT the culprit here. 

• txgunlover
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Richard1864 Nah, they work fine.  I have an S10+ and 3 other galaxy devices and they all work fine with Ring and the others.

• Richard1864
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover txgunlover I didn’t say they would NOT work, I said that they are known to have issues. That’s not the same thing as not working; they work for some people, but a larger number of people are having problems getting their Samsung devices to work with them no matter which router they’re using. 

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 236Views
  • 4 Following