Using 2 Eero wifi 1500 mbs routers in a one bedroom apt

8 replies

• mark47
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I went to Best Buy to buy a wifi extender and was told to purchase another Eero wifi system for the living room; original one is still in bedroom.
    I consistently get 500 mbs speed in bedroom but the living room Eero only gives between 30-50 mbs. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting but am open to suggestions as Best Buy customer service advise that the second Eero in living room should be pumping out 250 mbs

• txgunlover
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

mark47 What's in between (Walls [What's in the walls?], paintings, electronics, doors, people) the eeros?  Are they wirelessly connected or connected via ethernet?  What eero version do you have?

• mark47
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover hi! Thanks for your swift response! Walls are not co concrete so must be hollow-ish and we have zero paintings up. Eero In bedroom is connected to Ethernet, one in living room is not. Both Eeros are the same: wifi system up to 1500 sq ft. Do I need to also connect the second Eeros in living room to Ethernet for speed to be faster? If so there is no Ethernet port except for in bedroom where the main Eeros is connected 

• txgunlover
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

mark47 How many walls between the two?  Ethernet is always better, but only certain new models of eeros have ethernet ports.

• mark47
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover a bedroom door that’s usually open and a hallway 

• mark47
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover both Eeros have Ethernet ports but there’s only one Ethernet hook up in the apt walls

• eero_support
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello mark47 ,

Try moving the eeros further apart. Normally we suggest that customers place their eeros between 35-45ft apart and then move them closer as needed. What you could be experiencing is congestion of your network. Are you still getting the 500Mbps speeds in your bedroom with the additional eero connected and online? Also please read our placement guide below to make sure your eeros are in the best place possible. Another test you can do is make sure the eeros have the front facing each other as the strongest signal comes from the front and top of the eero.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207897393-Where-should-I-place-my-eeros-#:~:text=For%20a%20quick%20and%20easy,eeros%20out%20around%20your%20home.

• mark47
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

James thanks! Will try this. It also could be because the second Eeros is right under a large tv with no Ethernet where as the main Eeros is in a similar spot BUT plugged into Ethernet 

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 88Views
  • 3 Following