Highly Desired Eero Improvements (with apparently little traction)

As I see it, there are 3 major lackings from Eero. But non of them seem to be on a high priority list. Instead we get things that offer zero or marginal improvement to the system for tons of people. In priority order:

1) Total Bandwidth Monitoring at the gateway eero and per device over a specified period of time. This is absolutely necessary to help users manage their usage so they don't get charged extra fees by their ISP.  

2) A weather proofed outdoor access point. Other suppliers realize that customers want Wifi access outside their homes. Placing a eero indise as close to the outdoors as possible surely helps. But from my tests having one outside yields WAY better performance. 

3) Desktop (Windows/Mac) eero software. Not everybody needs this as the phone apps are great. But the screen real estate alone provided by desktops would seriously aid those with more advanced configurations. 

4 replies

• Simonite
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would love to see the total bandwidth my gateway sends up to my provider.   

• speedmaster
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’d love 2

• ebonovic
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

100% agree, with some sort of statistics and bandwidth usage report by node.   

Would also like to add #4:   Support two SSID's with each having their own subnet, so I can separate my network.  (Such as Home Automation and Smart Devices, from the mobile devices and computers) 

• Mark9
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

FYI on request #4, I have been using the guest SSID my second SSID for IOT devices.  As long as your IOT devices don't need to communicate with each other, it works great since guest devices are totally isolated from each other and from non-guest devices.  The guest devices are actually in a separate subnets on the eero, one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz.

Content aside

• 5 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 365Views
  • 6 Following