Eero Pro Router - Very High Upload Usage 210gb

Hi all,

I have a home network that is currently in a vacant house under construction, so there isn’t much internet usage on it. However, through the Eero activities tab, I see the that Eero router itself has 210gb of upload bandwidth usage for the week. Any ideas as to why this is? Only thing I can think of is software updates, but I have multiple other properties with Eeros that go through the exact same software updates and their usage is only around 10-20gb of upload for the week.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies

• cMoo92
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Do you have any security cameras or some other device at this property that is always connected?

• Mattzz
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Yes, I have a camera system hooked up, which is the same system I have on a few different properties with the same Eero network system I manage, and those are very low in upload bandwidth. 

The interesting thing is that when you look at the device list to see an individual breakdown of connected devices and what each download/upload usage is, it is all very low. I can’t pin point to any device because they are all under 1gb and totaling all the connected devices is nowhere near the 210gb. It’s the actual Eero device itself that is doing major uploading.

• Mattzz
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Any ideas? Here is a screenshot of the connected devices and their usage. The security camera upload along with all of the rest of the devices are still very low. All of it seems to be coming from the Eero pros themselves.

• txgunlover
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Like all "data counters" the data counter isn't very accurate it.

• Mattzz
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover of course txgunlover data counters are inaccurate. And it’s also easy to blame data counters as being inaccurate in order to excuse the issue out right and all together. 

So I just look no further because data counters are inaccurate? There’s no problem solving there.

I understand inaccurate by like 10-20gb. But consistently inaccurate every single week by 250gb? Come on txgunlover. Upload a pic of how inaccurate your upload usage is.

• txgunlover
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mattzz I don't use data counters, thereby no pictures to upload.

• Mattzz
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover the data counter is built into eero itself. So don’t worry, it’s already there whether you use it or not. Unless you don’t use eero

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 168Views
  • 3 Following