Choose which network (802.11b or 802.11ac)

Some older devices do not work with 802.11ac network.  So the only way to use them is with an older router where you can turn off the "ac" band.  It would be nice if you could turn on/off the "ac" band on each Eero and then connect these devices to the Eero.  

7 replies

• poseidonsvoice
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I second this request! I'm presently in a quandary dealing with this exact issue. Other competitors have a way of setting this by configuring this option in their respective firmwares.

• Richard1864
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Eero also uses 2.4 GHz 802.11b, g, and n, not just ac.  Are your devices not connecting at all to Eero?  I have devices that can only use the older, slower b,g, and n wifi, and they connect fine with the 2.4 GHz side of Eero. 

• poseidonsvoice
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Richard,

Correct. I have some devices that only have a 802.11b wifi radio and they do not connect to the Eero but do connect to routers that have dual capability but only if you turn off the 5GHz (802.11 ac) band. Go figure.

• Richard1864
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Odd. My 802.11b printers don't have that problem. Do your device's have latest firmware/software?

I assume you've updated your Eero's; have you tried unplugging all your Eero's for 60 seconds or so, then plugging them back in, see if that helps at all?

• poseidonsvoice
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yup to both. 

• Richard1864
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tried resetting wifi to default on those products and reconnecting to Eero?

• poseidonsvoice
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes. Several times actually. I do have a new triple set of Eero's arriving with BF sale so I'll try again with one of the new set. Thanks for your efforts!

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 7 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 3225Views
  • 3 Following