eero system with AT&T Fiber - download vs upload

Hello eero community!  I have AT&T gigapower fiber with the Pace 5268ac configured to passthrough to the eero for the eero to cover wifi and routing.  Can anyone help with why I am seeing so much variance in speed?  Not only is the speed an issue but the reliability isn't the same as what I had with Frontier Fiber direct from the ONT to my eero.  Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

4 replies

• JustinFarry
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
      • RicoJ1978
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JustinFarry 

Hi Justin,

I have AT&T with the same setup (not fiber though) and had the same issue. eero released new software yesterday to address some of the speedtest issues. I’d install that if you haven’t already.

Also, at the advice of eero support I changed my DNS so that it didn’t point back to the AT&T gateway. This helped a lot with my speed and reliability.

How does a wired test look from your network? Your speed should be much close to max from a wired connection than wireless.

I hope this helps!

Rico

• JustinFarry
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you very much for the reply and advice Rico.  I'm going to change my DNS to google's and install the update now.  I'm getting 900/990 on wired.  

• RicoJ1978
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JustinFarry 

Glad to help! Remember that your device will automatically choose the strongest network signal which is usually the 2.4 GHz band. Check the eero app to see which band it’s on before using the Speedtest app.

If you’re running the Speedtest from the eero app, that’s testing directly from the unit tied to the gateway.

FWIW, try not to get hung up in a raw number. I have 100/20 with AT&T and have over 30 devices connected without issue. No lags, buffering, etc. 

Let me know how it turns out!

Content aside

• 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1378Views
  • 2 Following