eero with ethernet vs wifi AP with ethernet

Hi,

I have a large 6,000SF house with ethernet drops in every room and a few utility closets and therefore have no need for a wireless mesh system. Is there an advantage to using eero connected via ethernet over using a few wifi access points (Apple's Airport Express) connected with ethernet? 

Thanks,

Chico

3 replies

• Draven
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah, there's a huge advantage for going with a mesh setup - no drops between AP handoffs ;)

• eero Community Manager
    • Jeff_C
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Official response
    • Reported - view

Hey  csajovic —

Thanks for your interest in eero and welcome to our community!

If you still have any questions about eero and how it can be a solution for your home, as well as recommendations we may have for setup, please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at support@eero.com.

• Draven
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If I may add, @csajovic - I have a similarly sized house, and have found the 3 APs to be surprisingly sufficient. It has a lot to do with my central drops (I'm doing ethernet backhaul on all 3 APs), but the furthest reaches of the house that had zero coverage with conventional APs now have roughly 60% of total bandwidth. This could easily be solved by the purchase of even a single unit to add to that area of the house, but, so far, my kids haven't complained that their Netflix TVs are buffering. Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to offer real-world answers to.

Cheers!
    Draven

Content aside

• 7 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 1168Views
  • 3 Following