Smart Plug

Does anyone know of a smart plug that will work with the Eero 2nd generation wifi system? It needs to be on the 5 GHz network as I understand it. 

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hey  chrisjgallant

You can use smart plugs that connect only over 2.4 Ghz as well. Apologies for any confusion!

Reply Like
  • I tried, I have 3 Jinvoo plugs that work on 2.4 GHz only and they will not connect. I am told that it is because they work from the phone app and therefore on the 5 GHz

Reply Like
    • chrisjgallant I have a wemo plug that is 2.4 GHz only with no issues controlling from my iPhone on the 5Ghz network. By chance, do you have the guest network enabled on your eero network? And is your iPhone connected to that, accidentally, while your other devices are connnected to the main eero network? Everything needs to be connected to the main network. Devices on the guest network cannot talk to any other devices on the network (it’s a security feature).

Reply Like
  • Thanks heero, no I don’t have the guest enabled. I also have 3 jinvoo smart plugs, however they also won’t connect.

Reply Like
  • My wemo minis do not work with my eero either. They keep disconnecting due to the way eero has implemented the 2.4 and 5 Ghz together. No issues on the Ubiquity Ampifi since I can split the channels.  

Reply Like
    • monarchy I have two Wemo outlets (the original older one, and the new mini one) and they have always worked fine for me on my eero network. Do you have bandsteering turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

Reply Like
      • monarchy
      • monarchy
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 thanks. No bandsteering turned on. Only the minis do not work. Old wemos are fine. I can see them on the eero admin app but the wemos don’t actually connect. Trying to reboot the eeros seems to help for a few minutes but then disconnects again.

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 6 days agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 298Views
  • 4 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com