IPv6 stops working

Intermittently IPv6 stops working on one of my Windows 10 devices. When this happens, the DNS can resolve an IPv6 domain but I cannot ping or reach the site. The https://ipv6-test.com/ fails all IPv6 tests except DNS6 + IP4 is reachable, but at the same time ipconfig /all says that the machine still has all of it's assigned IPv6 addresses and all.

The only way I can temporarily fix the issue is by disconnecting the laptop and immediately reconnecting it to WiFi, then everything on https://ipv6-test.com/ is back to green, for a while.

No other devices, that I know of, in the house seem to be having the problem.

I've tried uninstalling software, Windows repair commands, different WiFi adapter drivers and today I went as far as to do a completely clean install of Windows 10 with the latest Windows 2004 build and drivers. Besides Firefox, it's a completely clean OS, so this rules out any software issues. But IPv6 still spontaneously stops working at random times.

I've never had this weird issue before upgrading to eero. I've tried everything that I can think of and I just can't figure out what the heck is going on, so I'm basically still just pulling my hair out.

Is it possible that the Qualcomm QCA9377 inside the laptop has an issue with the eero?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I've tried clean installs of Windows 10 versions 1909 and 2004.

I've tried 3 different drivers that are available for the WLAN adapter.

Each time I'm always able to connect to WAN and use internet just fine, except for a short noticeable pause when the browser falls back to IPv4 because IPv6 decided to stop working, but except for IPv6 the internet still keeps working.

I'm almost 99% sure at this point that it's the eero.

• eero
      • eero.3
      • 2 mths ago
      • Reported - view

I really wish Windows would have skipped numbers that look like dates

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 22Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com