Using Eero as router on Frontier FIOS and only getting 100 mbps with 1Gigabit connection

I am setting up my new Eero Pro 6 on my Frontier FIOS gigabit network. I do NOT have FIOS TV, just internet. I plug in the FIOS WAN Ethernet wire to the Eero and it seems to setup correctly and get connected.  However, on the eero app it only detects it is connecting at 100 mbps. I tried connecting the ethernet cable to both ports on the eero just to be sure but with same results. Speedtest also shows max speed of 100 mbps on download. I remove the Eero as the gateway and plug back in my TP-link router and it detects as 1Gbps and speedtest shows 950mbps download. I then connect the eero on the LAN port of the TP-link and now it recognizes it as gigabit connection. I don't understand what's going on. Is there something wrong with the Eero auto-sensing to make it think it is only 100mbps when connected directly to the FIOS WAN?  I know people might think it's a ethernet cable issue but I've had this service for a while and have 3 separate routers connected and none of them has had issues recognizing the gigabit connection.

For now, I have the TP Link router connected and have the eero pro 6 connecting via LAN but in bridge mode.  This seems to work but I am loosing some of the advance functionalities and would like to see if I can make this work. 

4 replies

• Evan_eero_support
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

mstlc03 Thanks for posting! Typically, a speed limitation of 100 mbps would indicate an ethernet cable issue, as you had mentioned. But that doesn't seem to be the case as the same cable connecting to another router doesn't have that issue. I suggest giving our team a call or sending in an email and we can look into other options to resolve the behavior, up to a replacement of the unit.

• mstlc03
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Evan (eero support) Thanks!  I did submit an email to support yesterday but have not heard back as of it.

• mstlc03
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Evan (eero support) Do you know how long it would take for support to get back to me on my question/issue?  My email was submitted on Feb. 10th.  Thanks!

• Evan_eero_support
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

mstlc03 Response times can vary based on how many other requests come in during a given time frame, both via phone calls and via email. We try to respond to every request as quickly as we can. Phone calls will always be the fastest way to get a response. We generally try to get responses out within a few days, but there seems to be delays currently, based on the information you have provided. I'll be sending you a message shortly so I can investigate the delay more closely.

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1263Views
  • 2 Following