Fitbit Aria on 802.11b 2.4GHz

Love eero. Get a phenomenal signal everywhere in my house, BUT...

I have a Fitbit Aria WiFi scale that can only connect on 802.11b at 2.4 GHz. It was fine when I had my previous 802.11a/b/g/n/a.c. router, but it won't connect to the eero network. If i could create a separate 2.4GHz network on eero, that would be great.

Thoughts?

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Had the same problem. You must run setup for the scale right next to the first EERO.

Reply Like
  • Eero mesh networks run on both 2.4GHz and 5.1GHz ac .  My Fitbit Aria has no issues connecting.  Try resetting the scale into setup mode and re-enter your network credentials.

Reply Like
  • get error when I do this. if I try a second time it says incorrect router password, which is not correct.

Reply Like
  • I have the same problem.  What can I do?

Reply Like
      • cnilson
      • cnilson
      • 7 mths ago
      • Reported - view

astirrup open your browser to this URL:
      https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

Reply Like
      • astirrup
      • astirrup
      • 7 mths ago
      • Reported - view

cnilson I already tried this several times.  No luck.  In the Aria forums I saw a user with the same problem.  Somehow they were able to connect the scale directly to the Eero 2.4 band and that solved the problem, but I couldn't understand how they were able to use the same SSID and then connect to a single band.

Reply Like
      • cnilson
      • cnilson
      • 7 mths ago
      • Reported - view

astirrup Did you also reset the device by removing the batteries for 10s?

Reply Like
      • cnilson
      • cnilson
      • 7 mths ago
      • Reported - view

astirrup Any device will automatically connect to the appropriate 2.4G band, nothing required from you

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 7 mths agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 660Views
  • 5 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com