How do I manage the IP of an eero on my network?
I have looked but do not see a way to statically assign an IP to additional erros. Even setting a reservation in DHCP would suffice. Is this possible?
Hi JaymeW —
Thanks for reaching out and for your question. You can set an IP reservation for an eero by using the MAC address of the eero, but adding a "d" at the end in advanced settings.
To obtain the MAC address of an eero, take the following steps:
- Open the eero app
- Tap on the eero at the bottom of the home screen
- Tap on Details at the bottom
- The MAC address can be found in the bottom four items on the page
- In this instance, using any of them is fine as we'll be making an edit in the next step (if you have iOS, you can hold to copy the address)
Once you have the MAC address, you will need to add a reservation. To do so, take these steps:
- Go back to the main screen of the eero app
- Tap the menu option in the top left
- Tap on Network Settings
- Tap on Advanced settings
- Tap on Reservations & Port Forwarding
- Tap on Add a reservation
- Scroll to the bottom and select Enter manually
- From there, in the MAC address field, add your eero's MAC address, delete the last value and add "d"
- Provide the rest of the information, and tap Open a port
And that should do it! If you run into any problems or have additional questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at email@example.com.Reply